TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman women's basketball will host Defiance College on Saturday, 1/19 at 3:30 PM in their annual Breast Cancer Awareness Game.
Breast Cancer Awareness Game:
* A ceremony with more than 40 Wabash Valley breast cancer survivors will take place at 2:45 p.m. between games of the doubleheader.
* The ceremony will honor area survivors with all money raised from T-shirts, cotton candy sales, and other donations will go directly to the Wabash Valley Breast Cancer Survivors Organization.
* Last year, the event raised nearly $1,500 bringing the historical total to more than $14,000 raised.
* The game marks the 12th annual game in which the women's basketball program has raised funds and awareness for breast cancer.
* The issue hits close to home for the Rose-Hulman women's head coach, Jon Prevo, who is a cancer survivor himself. Prevo's wife, Deanna, also defeated cancer over a decade ago.
* T-shirts will be on sale at the game for $12 each, and all the proceeds from the gate will also be donated to Wabash Valley Breast Cancer Survivors Organization.
* The funds will be presented by the team's upperclassmen at an upcoming group meeting.
Rose-Hulman News and Notes:
* Rose-Hulman stands at 11-5 overall and 8-1 in the HCAC after a narrow victory on the road against the Anderson Ravens with a final score of 59-58.
* Ally Bromenschenkel is the teams leading scorer averaging a double-double with 17.7 points and 10.6 rebounds per game.
* Abby Bromenschenkel is the teams second most leading scorer averaging 11.8 points and 3.4 assists per game.
* The starting lineup has also recently included Debie Gedeon (9.3 ppg; 3.7 rpg); Kayla Gerken (7.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg); and Hannah Woody (4.3 ppg, 2.3 rpg).
* After the Yellow Jackets, the Engineers will travel to face the Mount St. Joseph Lions on Wednesday, 1/23 at 7:30 PM.
The Opposition: Defiance College
* The Yellow Jackets stand at 4-12 overall and 3-6 in the HCAC after a win over Earlham with a final score of 73-71.
* The team's leading scorer is Lauren Rogers averaging 10.8 points and 5.2 rebounds per game. She is followed up by Taylor Day who is averaging 8.4 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
* After the Engineers, Defiance will host Manchester on Wednesday, 1/23 at 7:30 PM.