TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology faces Hanover College in the semifinal round of the HCAC Tournament this Friday at 8:00 PM. The tournament will be hosted by Transylvania University.
HCAC Women's Basketball Tournament Pairings:
Opening Round - Tuesday, 2/19
Game 1: No. 5 Defiance 84, No. 4 Mount St. Joseph 47
Game 2: No. 3 Hanover 64, No. 6 Bluffton 59
Semifinals - Friday, Feb. 22 (at No. 1 Transylvania)
Game 3: No. 1 Transylvania vs. No. 5 Defiance 6:00 PM
Game 4: No. 2 Rose-Hulman vs. No. 3 Hanover 8:00 PM
Championship - Saturday, Feb. 23 (at No. 1 Transylvania)
Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner, 5 PM
Rose-Hulman (19-6, 16-2 HCAC) News & Notes:
* Rose-Hulman hopes to win two games in two days to secure a bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament. The Fightin' Engineers face Hanover College at 8:00 PM in the semifinal game of the tournament.
* Rose-Hulman has won two consecutive HCAC Tournament championships and has reached the title game in each of the last three seasons.
* Rose-Hulman has an all-time record of 7-11 in postseason conference tournament play with championships in 2017 and 2018.
* The Engineers enter the tournament with a six game winning streak most recently defeating Manchester University in their final game of the regular season 71-41.
* Ally Bromenschenkel is the team's leading scorer averaging a double-double with 17.7 ppg and 11.7 rpg. She ranks 4th in Rose-Hulman history in career points (1,374), 3rd in rebounds (810), and 5th in blocked shots (113).
* Abby Bromenschenkel is the team's second leading scorer with 12.1 ppg and 5.6 rpg. She holds Rose-Hulman's career school record for steals (220), ranks 3rd all-time in assists (267), and stands 6th in blocked shots (105).
* The starting lineup has also recently included Debie Gedeon (8.0 ppg; 3.3 rpg); Kayla Gerken (5.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg); and Taylor Graham (7.6 ppg, 1.6 rpg).
* Key reserves for the Engineers this year have included Hannah Woody (4.8 ppg; 2.3 rpg), Caitlin Young (2.1 ppg; 1.4 rpg), and Jenna Queary (2.5 ppg; 2.5 rpg).
* The team leads the HCAC in scoring defense (48.6) and rebound margin (9.2).
The Opponent: Hanover (19-7, 14-4 HCAC)
* Hanover comes into the tournament as the No. 3 seed. They were able to advance after their opening round win over the Beavers of Bluffton University on Tuesday, 2/19 with a final score of 64-59.
* The Panthers have been on a six game win streak since their last meeting with the Engineers during the regular season.
* Their leading scorer is Alexis Nall who is averaging 18.3 ppg and 10.3 rpg.
* Their second leading scorer is Katie Hartman who averages 8.8 ppg and 3.6 rpg.