LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Transylvania University compete for the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference women's basketball championship and an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament on Saturday at 5 p.m.
HCAC Women's Basketball Tournament Pairings:
Opening Round - Tuesday, Feb. 19
Game 1: No. 5 Defiance 84, No. 4 Mount St. Joseph 47
Game 2: No. 3 Hanover 64, No. 6 Bluffton 59
Semifinals - Friday, Feb. 22
Game 3: No. 1 Transylvania 95, No. 5 Defiance 67
Game 4: No. 2 Rose-Hulman 80, No. 3 Hanover 61
Championship - Saturday, Feb. 23
No. 2 Rose-Hulman at No. 1 Transylvania, 5 PM
Rose-Hulman (20-6, 16-2 HCAC) News & Notes:
* Rose-Hulman has reached the HCAC Tournament Final for the fourth straight year and seeks its third straight NCAA Division III Tournament trip in Saturday's game.
* This marks the third consecutive year that Rose-Hulman and Transylvania have met in the HCAC Tournament Championship Game. Rose-Hulman won both games at home with victories of 57-51 in 2018, and 50-40 in 2017.
* Rose-Hulman has an all-time record of 8-11 in postseason conference tournament play with championships in 2017 and 2018.
* The Senior Class enters Saturday's championship game with an record of 90-18 in their era, including three HCAC regular season titles and two HCAC Tournament championships.
* The Engineers enter the HCAC championship game on a 7-game winning streak.
* Ally Bromenschenkel is the team's leading scorer averaging a double-double with 17.8 ppg and 12.0 rpg. She ranks 4th in Rose-Hulman history in career points (1,394), 3rd in rebounds (828), and 5th in blocked shots (114). She was also chosen first-team Google Cloud Academic All-District when the team was released on Wednesday.
* Abby Bromenschenkel is the team's second leading scorer with 12.5 ppg. She holds Rose-Hulman's career school record for steals (222), ranks 3rd all-time in assists (272) & stands 6th in blocked shots (109).
* The starting lineup has also recently included Debie Gedeon (8.3 ppg; 3.3 rpg); Kayla Gerken (5.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg); and Taylor Graham (7.8 ppg, 1.6 rpg).
* Key reserves for the Engineers this year have included Hannah Woody (4.9 ppg; 2.2 rpg), Caitlin Young (2.1 ppg; 1.4 rpg), and Jenna Queary (2.5 ppg; 2.5 rpg).
* The team leads the HCAC in scoring defense (49.1) and rebound margin (+9.4).
* Head coach Jon Prevo has a career record of 190-152, highlighted by five 20-win seasons and two NCAA Division III Tournament trips.
The Opponent: #20 Transylvania (24-2, 17-1 HCAC)
* Transylvania enters the HCAC Tournament Championship Game on a 19-game winning streak.
* The Pioneers are ranked No. 20 in NCAA Division III by D3hoops.com.
* Transylvania features three players averaging double figures in scoring. Celia Kline leads the team at 14.7 ppg, Shelby Boyle adds 14.6, and Ashton Woodard is scoring 12.8.
* Head coach Juli Fulks has a record of 109-27 in her fifth year at Transylvania. Fulks has a career record of 267-131.