TERRE HAUTE, Ind.-- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's basketball team travels to the Midwest Challenge in St. Louis this weekend. Rose-Hulman faces #21 Illinois Wesleyan on Saturday at 2 pm CT. The third-place game is at 2 pm CT on Sunday, with the championship game at 4 pm CT. Washington University and #11 DePauw face off in the other semifinal matchup.
Rose-Hulman (0-2, 0-0 HCAC) Notes & News:
* Rose-Hulman has been picked to finish third in the HCAC according to this year's league coaches poll.
* Hannah Woody scored a career-high 19 points in Tuesday's loss at No. 23 ranked Chicago.
* Nola Wilson (12 points) and Desirae Webster (10 points) also reached double figures in scoring on Tuesday at Chicago.
* The Engineers finished the 2018-19 season advancing to the HCAC Championship Game against Transylvania University.
* Rose-Hulman finished the 2018-19 year with an overall record of 20-7, and went 16-2 in HCAC play.
* Rose-Hulman qualified for the 2017 and 2018 NCAA Division III Tournaments; won the 2017 and 2018 HCAC Tournaments; and captured HCAC regular season titles in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
* Rose-Hulman will face either No. 11 DePauw or receiving top 25 votes Washington University (Mo.) in the second game of the Midwest Challenge on Sunday at 2 or 4 pm CT.
#21 Illinois Wesleyan Titans (4-1, 0-0 CCIW) News & Notes:
* Illinois Wesleyan won the 2012 NCAA Division III women's basketball national championship.
* The #21 ranked Titans are 4-1, with only a loss to Wisconsin-Whitewater and wins over Governors State, Chicago, Wisconsin-Stout and Calvin.
* Kendall Sosa leads three players in double figures at 24.0 points per game. Sydney Shanks adds 16.0 points per contest.