TERRE HAUTE, Ind.-- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's basketball team competes in the third-place game of the Midwest Challenge on Sunday at 2 pm Central Time in St. Louis. The Fightin' Engineers will face host Washington University, after the Bears fell to No. 11 ranked DePauw University on Saturday.
Rose-Hulman (0-3, 0-0 HCAC) Notes & News:
* Rose-Hulman has been picked to finish third in the HCAC according to this year's league coaches poll.
* Hannah Woody scored a career-high 19 points in Tuesday's loss at No. 23 ranked Chicago.
* Nosa Igiehon recorded a double-figure game with 10 points against No. 21 ranked Illinois Wesleyan on Saturday.
* Nola Wilson (12 points) and Desirae Webster (10 points) also reached double figures in scoring on Tuesday at Chicago.
* The Engineers finished the 2018-19 season advancing to the HCAC Championship Game against Transylvania University.
* Rose-Hulman finished the 2018-19 year with an overall record of 20-7, and went 16-2 in HCAC play.
* Rose-Hulman qualified for the 2017 and 2018 NCAA Division III Tournaments; won the 2017 and 2018 HCAC Tournaments; and captured HCAC regular season titles in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
WashU (2-2, 0-0 UAA) News & Notes:
* Washington University (Mo.) has won five NCAA Division III women's basketball national championships (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2010) and has been national runner-up four times.
* The Bears are receiving votes in the latest D3hoops.com national top 25 poll.
* Washington University is 2-2 this season, with wins over Augustana and Rhodes and losses to Loras and No. 11 DePauw.