TERRE HAUTE, Ind.-- Rose-Hulman travels to Defiance College for a women's basketball matchup on Saturday at 1 pm.
Rose-Hulman (5-17, 4-11 HCAC) News and Notes:
* Rose-Hulman has picked up three wins in its last six games to move within striking distance of the top six spots in the HCAC standings. The top six teams qualify for the HCAC basketball tournament.
* Nosa Igiehon is ranked No. 2 in the HCAC in rebounds (8.2 rpg) and No. 2 in the league in blocked shots (1.8 bpg).
* Hannah Woody is the team's leading scorer this season averaging 10.1 points per game. She also leads the team in assists (58).
* Rose-Hulman ranks No. 3 in the HCAC in scoring defense, allowing just 59.1 points per game.
* After Saturday's game, Rose-Hulman returns home to face Earlham in the women's basketball home finale on Wednesday at 7:30 pm. The first Rose-Hulman student hitting a halfcourt shot at halftime will receive FREE BOOKS next quarter. Students and fans will also receive free food and soft drinks by coming to Wednesday's game.
* Defiance is currently in a 3-way tie for fourth place in the HCAC standings at 6-9 in league play.
* The Yellow Jackets are also just one game ahead of three teams at 5-10 and two up on 4-11 Rose-Hulman in the conference standings.
* A balanced scoring attack for Defiance is led by Taylor Day at 9.4 points per game.