TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology will compete in the 2019 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Women's Golf Championship on Saturday and Sunday at Bluffton Golf Course.
36 holes at Bluffton (Ohio) Golf Course.
* 18 holes Saturday with tee times beginning at 10 am.
* 18 holes Sunday with tee times beginning at 9 am.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* The HCAC team champion will receive an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament at the PGA National Resort (Palmer Course) in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida on May 12-15, 2020.
* Rose-Hulman seeks its first HCAC Tournament championship this weekend after finishing as the team runner-up each of the last six seasons.
* Rose-Hulman earned team championships at the HCAC Preview (Sept. 21-22) and the Rose-Hulman / Franklin Invitational (Oct. 5-6) in its two most recent events.
* Rose-Hulman set team school records for 18-hole score (299), 36-hole score (611) and individual player 36-hole tournament score (Namuunaa Nadmid with 73-74=147) last weekend.
* Nadmid has been named HCAC Player of the Week twice this season, and Rachel Zhang has been named Player of the Week once in 2019.
* Rose-Hulman current player all-HCAC history: Caitlin Coverstone 2X (T-1st in 2017, 4th in 2018); Rebecca Su 2X (6th in 2016, 10th in 2018); Lauren Conley 1X (8th in 2017); Namuunaa Nadmid 1X (5th in 2018); Rachel Zhang 1X (3rd in 2018)
* The team's top five scoring averages are separated by under five strokes per round. Top scorers include Namuunaa Nadmid (77.75); Rachel Zhang (79.33); Rebecca Su (81.17); Caitlin Coverstone (81.88); and Lauren Conley (82.25).