TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Women's soccer players Elle Ogden and Jessica Wells will represent Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology on a team of NCAA Division III players from across the nation that will compete in Spain from June 3-13.
Ogden and Wells are part of an All-Star squad that will travel to Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia.
In Madrid, the team will take a walking tour and visit several cultural icons, including the home of Real Madrid F.C. (Bernabeu Stadium). Following tours and the trip's second exhibition game in Valencia, the United States squad will both conduct a service project and the local youth sports camp. In Barcelona, the team will visit a number of stops on a city tour, including the sites of the 1992 Olympic Games.
Below are profiles of each player.
*Quote about the trip: "I chose to go on this trip because it allows me to continue playing throughout the summer while meeting lots of new people and getting to explore another country. I think it will be really cool to see the difference in style between all the U.S. players and the Spanish teams."
* Two-year member of the women's soccer program
* Career totals of 4 goals and 4 assists for 12 points in the Engineer midfield
* Has appeared in 30 career matches with 17 starts
* Has recorded 43 career shots with 22 on goal
* Started 16 games and appeared in 17 as a sophomore with 4 goals and 4 assists
* Scored 2 goals against Principia in 2018
* Scored the game winner vs. Trine and had a goal in a win over DePauw in 2018
* Quote about the trip: "I chose to go to Spain because this is an amazing opportunity to experience a new culture and meet new people. Also, I like to watch professional soccer games, so I am excited to go on tours of professional soccer stadiums."
* Three-time 1st-team all-HCAC selection, 2016-18
* United Soccer Coaches 3rd-team all-Great Lakes Region honoree, 2018
* HCAC Freshman of the Year in 2016
* Ranks 6th in Rose-Hulman history with 28 career goals
* Stands 7th in Rose-Hulman history with 70 career points
* Career totals of 28 goals, 14 assists, 70 points in 55 games and 54 starts
* Has recorded 142 career shots, including 92 on goal
* Has scored 13 game winning goals at Rose-Hulman
* Recorded a hat trick and a career-high 7-point game at Principia in 2017
* 5-time HCAC Player of the Week