TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's soccer team hits the road to face perennial national power Chicago on Sunday afternoon.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes:
* Rose-Hulman stands 2-0 on the season with wins of 5-0 over St. Mary-of-the-Woods and 3-0 at Principia.
* Maggie Sheerin was named HCAC Offensive Player of the Week after recording her first career hat trick with three goals against SMWC.
* The Fightin' Engineers are coming off a 10-8 season and finished above .500 in conference play for the seventh straight year in 2018.
* Jessica Wells ranks No. 6 in Rose-Hulman history with 29 career goals and is 7th all-time with 75 career points.
* Wells is a three-time first-team all-HCAC selection and was chosen third-team all-Great Lakes Region in 2018.
* Other upperclass leading returning scorers include senior Maddy Twetten with four goals, four assists, and 12 points; and junior Elle Ogden with four goals, four assists, and 12 points.
* Goalkeepers Katie Demert and Natalie Dillon have combined for two shutouts and seven saves in the two wins.
* After Sunday's game, Rose-Hulman returns home to face Greenville on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.
The Opposition: Chicago
* The University of Chicago Maroons are 1-0 this season with a 6-0 win over Milwaukee School of Engineering.
* Katie Jasminski and Adrianna Vera each scored twice in the win over MSOE.
* Chicago faces Pomona-Pitzer on Saturday before hosting Rose-Hulman on Sunday.
* Chicago was 13-5-1 last season and 22-2 in 2017. The Maroons reached the 2017 NCAA Division III National Championship Game before falling 1-0 to Williams.