TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's tennis team opens the 2019 season at home with a doubleheader on Saturday. The Fightin' Engineers host IU-Kokomo at 9:30 a.m., then face Greenville at 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman was picked to finish 3rd in the HCAC this season, in the preseason league coaches poll.
* The Fightin' Engineers return three first-team All-HCAC honorees from the 2018 campaign in Naomi Bhagat, Anna Thompson, and Fanny-Jane Banda.
* Bhagat recorded a 11-5 overall record and a 10-3 record in dual matches in the 2018 season. She was 4-2 as the Engineers No. 1 singles player and was 6-1 at the No. 2 singles spot. Her career record stands at 39-13 which ranks her No. 3 in the Rose-Hulman history books.
* Thompson compiled a 3-4 record at the No. 1 singles spot and 3-2 in the No. 2 singles position. Her and Bhagat were able to team up to record an 8-8 record as the No. 1 Rose-Hulman doubles team.
* Banda had an overall record of 13-2 and 12-0 in singles dual matches. She now holds the school record for singles winning percentage at .862.
* The preseason roster includes over a dozen players from six states and two nations. The Fightin' Engineers will be led by first-year head coach Dallas Kelsey this fall.
* IU-Kokomo completes a stretch of four matches against NCAA Division III foes in four days with Saturday's matches against RHIT and Greenville (12:30 p.m.).
* IU-Kokomo finished 8-14 last season, while Greenville had a record of 12-6 (5-0 SLIAC).