TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's tennis team returns home on Thursday at 6 p.m. for a matchup against Millikin University.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman stands 1-1 on the season after defeating Greenville and falling to NAIA IU-Kokomo on Saturday.
* Naomi Bhagat, Fanny-Jane Banda, Kyla Jarvis and Breanna Rogers each had 1-1 singles records to pace Rose-Hulman's effort on Saturday.
* The doubles teams of Bhagat and Rogers - along with Jarvis and Krista Manche - were also 1-1 on Saturday.
* Rose-Hulman returns three first-team All-HCAC honorees from the 2018 campaign in Naomi Bhagat, Anna Thompson, and Fanny-Jane Banda.
* Bhagat recorded a 11-5 overall record and a 10-3 record in dual matches in the 2018 season. She was 4-2 as the Engineers No. 1 singles player and was 6-1 at the No. 2 singles spot. Her career record stands at 40-14 which ranks her No. 3 in the Rose-Hulman history books.
* Thompson compiled a 3-4 record at the No. 1 singles spot and 3-2 in the No. 2 singles position. Thompson and Bhagat were able to team up to record an 8-8 record as the No. 1 Rose-Hulman doubles team in 2018.
* Banda had an overall record of 13-2 and 12-0 in singles dual matches in 2018. She entered the season holding the school record for singles winning percentage at .862.
* The roster includes 11 players from six states and two nations. The Fightin' Engineers will be led by first-year head coach Dallas Kelsey this fall.
* After Thursday's action, Rose-Hulman hits the road for Defiance and St. Francis (Ind.) on Saturday.
* Millikin has a 3-2 record on the season, with wins over Illinois College, Cornell and North Park.
* Danielle Beard is 4-1 at No. 4 singles and Katie Cooper is 4-1 at No. 5 singles to lead the Millikin effort so far this season.