TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology hosts Hanover College with the lead in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference on the line at Hulbert Arena on Saturday at 2 p.m. The winner will move into the No. 1 seed for the HCAC Tournament entering the final week of the regular season. The eventual No. 1 seed will host the semifinal and championship matches in the six-team HCAC Tournament on Nov. 4-5.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes (16-10, 4-1 HCAC)
* Rose-Hulman has secured its first winning season since 2012 with a 17-10 overall record entering Saturday's match.
* Senior Gabi Razma is the reigning HCAC Defensive Player of the Week. Razma had 39 digs against Albion to lead a 3-1 team performance last week.
* Junior Bailey MacInnis recorded the second-most kills in a match in Rose-Hulman history against Bluffton with 26 kills. She is closing in on Rose-Hulman's career top 10 in kills at 809.
* Senior Mackenzie Gossard ranks No. 2 in school history with 269 block assists and stands No. 6 with 307 total blocks entering the upcoming contest.
* Senior Becca Poppel has tallied career totals of 602 kills and 793 digs entering the upcoming match.
* Sophomore Katie Orbeta has recorded four triple-doubles for kills-assists-digs this season. She accomplished the feat against Transylvania, Bluffton, Albion and Mount St. Joseph.
* The Fightin' Engineers have defeated two nationally ranked opponents this season - No. 8 Millikin University and No. 20 Hendrix College.
Hanover Panthers (20-5, 6-0 HCAC)
* Hanover leads the HCAC at 6-0 in league play and enters Saturday's match on a nine-game winning streak.
* The Panthers are unbeaten since Sept. 23 in the OAC/HCAC Challenge.
* Margo Main (227) and Kristin Goben (213) have crossed 200 kills this season. Haley Alexander (495) and Abby Crump (460) have over 400 assists, and Monique Huynh leads the back row with 425 digs.
* Hanover leads Rose-Hulman 17-9 overall and 9-8 in HCAC matches.
* Hanover has won three of the last four meetings, including a three-set victory last season.
* Rose-Hulman last defeated Hanover at the DePauw Invitational in September 2016.