TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology volleyball team hits the road for three matches at the Illinois Wesleyan Invitational this weekend. The Fightin' Engineers face Texas Lutheran and Williams on Friday, then battle No. 6 ranked Trinity (Texas) on Saturday.
IN-GAME COVERAGE: Only available from Game 1 on Friday vs. Texas Lutheran - LIVE STATS
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 9-6 overall entering the Illinois Wesleyan Invitational.
* Bailey MacInnis became the fifth player in Rose-Hulman volleyball program history to reach 1,000 career kills. MacInnis hit the mark in Wednesday's match at DePauw.
* Katryna Dahlberg was named HCAC Defensive Player of the Week for the second time this year on Monday. Dahlberg had a total of 100 digs at a 5.88 dig-per-set clip last week.
* Katie Orbeta was named to the Washington University All-Invitational Team earlier this month. Orbeta leads the team in assists (326) and is second on the team in digs (147).
* MacInnis and Dahlberg captured spots on the University of Chicago All-Invitational Team in September. MacInnis was also chosen to the DePauw Invitational team last weekend.
OPPONENT NEWS & NOTES:
* Texas Lutheran stands 4-8 on the season and finished 1-3 at the SCAC crossover last weekend.
* Williams enters the weekend with a 6-2 overall record. The Ephs won their most two recent matches on Sept. 15 and Sept. 18.
* Trinity (Texas) is No. 6 in NCAA Division III this week. The Tigers are 10-2 overall with only five-set losses to Claremont-Mudd-Scripps and Texas-Dallas.