TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology will open the 2019 volleyball season with the program's first trip to the Washington state, as the Fightin' Engineers compete in four matches at the Puget Sound Invitational.
WEEKEND SCHEDULE AND LIVE COVERAGE:
Rose-Hulman vs. Wheaton (Ill.) - Friday Aug. 30 - 3 PM ET (NOON PT) - (LIVE STATS)
Rose-Hulman at Puget Sound - Friday Aug. 30 - 9 PM ET (6 PM PT) - (LIVE STATS -- VIDEO)
Rose-Hulman vs. Pacific Lutheran - Saturday Aug. 31 - 2 PM ET (11 AM PT) - (LIVE STATS)
Rose-Hulman vs. Widener - Saturday Aug. 31 - 6 PM ET (3 PM PT) - (LIVE STATS)
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman returns to the court for the first time since making an appearance in the 2018 NCAA Division III Tournament last November.
* The Fightin' Engineers finished 19-13 last season under first-year head coach Rachel Sellari-Delsi, highlighted by the HCAC Tournament title that vaulted RHIT into the NCAA Tournament.
* Rose-Hulman was picked to finish second in the HCAC this season according to the league's preseason coaches poll.
* The Fightin' Engineers return four starters and have a roster including six returnees who appeared in over 30 matches.
* Katryna Dahlberg highlights the returnees after earning HCAC Defensive Most Valuable Player and first-team all-league honors last season. Dahlberg led the team with 661 digs last season.
* Maria Bruner earned first-team all-HCAC honors after leading the team with 104 blocks last season. She also smashed 127 kills and hit at a team-high .270 percentage.
* Katie Orbeta claimed honorable mention all-league honors after crossing the 2,000-assist mark in her career and leading the team with 917 assists in 2018.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Wheaton (Ill.) finished 15-16 overall and 2-6 in College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin competition last season.
* Puget Sound compiled a 12-12 record and finished 9-7 in the Northwest Conference in 2018.
* Pacific Lutheran finished 21-4 overall and 14-2 in the Northwest Conference last year.
* Widener was 16-17 overall and 5-3 in the Middle Atlantic Conference last season.