TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology will return to non-conference action this weekend, with a trip to the North Central Invitational in Naperville, Illinois.
WEEKEND SCHEDULE AND LIVE COVERAGE:
Rose-Hulman vs. Monmouth (Ill.) - Friday Sept. 6 - 6 PM ET (5 CT) - (LIVE STATS)
Rose-Hulman vs. Coe - Saturday Sept. 7 - 1 PM ET (12 CT) - (LIVE STATS)
Rose-Hulman at North Central - Saturday Sept. 7 - 5 PM ET (4 CT) - (LIVE STATS -- VIDEO)
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 1-3 on the season after defeating Widener to cap the Puget Sound Invitational last weekend.
* Katryna Dahlberg (4.79 digs per set) and Adekite Oladipupo (22 kills, 27 digs) were named to the all-tournament team at Puget Sound in a vote of event head coaches.
* The Fightin' Engineers finished 19-13 last season under first-year head coach Rachel Sellari-Delsi, highlighted by the HCAC Tournament title that vaulted RHIT into the NCAA Tournament.
* Rose-Hulman was picked to finish second in the HCAC this season according to the league's preseason coaches poll.
* Katryna Dahlberg highlights the returnees after earning HCAC Defensive Most Valuable Player and first-team all-league honors last season. Dahlberg led the team with 661 digs last season.
* Maria Bruner earned first-team all-HCAC honors after leading the team with 104 blocks last season. She also smashed 127 kills and hit at a team-high .270 percentage.
* Katie Orbeta claimed honorable mention all-league honors after crossing the 2,000-assist mark in her career and leading the team with 917 assists in 2018.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Monmouth is 3-0 on the season with wins over Lincoln Christian, Principia and Eureka. The Fighting Scots finished 13-15 last season.
* Coe stands 2-3 on the year with wins over Bethel (Minn.) and Concordia-Moorhead. The Kohawks were 20-11 last season.
* North Central is 1-4 on the year with a victory over Concordia Chicago on Wednesday. The Cardinals finished 3-20 last year.