TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology hits the road for a matchup at crosstown rival St. Mary-of-the-Woods College on Wednesday night.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 2-5 overall after finishing 1-2 at North Central last weekend. The Fightin' Engineers have wins over Widener and Monmouth (Ill.) this season.
* Katryna Dahlberg (4.79 digs per set) and Adekite Oladipupo (22 kills, 27 digs) were named to the all-tournament team at Puget Sound in a vote of event head coaches.
* Dahlberg averaged 6.18 digs per set during Rose-Hulman's three matches at North Central last weekend.
* The Fightin' Engineers finished 19-13 last season under first-year head coach Rachel Sellari-Delsi, highlighted by the HCAC Tournament title that vaulted RHIT into the NCAA Tournament.
* Rose-Hulman was picked to finish second in the HCAC this season according to the league's preseason coaches poll.
* Katryna Dahlberg highlights the returnees after earning HCAC Defensive Most Valuable Player and first-team all-league honors last season. Dahlberg led the team with 661 digs last season.
* Maria Bruner earned first-team all-HCAC honors after leading the team with 104 blocks last season. She also smashed 127 kills and hit at a team-high .270 percentage.
* Katie Orbeta claimed honorable mention all-league honors after crossing the 2,000-assist mark in her career and leading the team with 917 assists in 2018.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* St. Mary-of-the-Woods is 2-3 on the season. The Pomeroys have wins over Blackburn and Oakland City.
* Mandi Alspach and Jaelyn Fennell lead the Pomeroys with 25 kills each this season. Katelyn Cotter has a team-high 84 assists, and Pamela Dorman paces the squad with 56 digs.