TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology faces Franklin College in a matchup of Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference volleyball programs that are both unbeaten in league play early in the schedule.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman improved to 9-12 overall and 1-0 in HCAC play with wins over Manchester and Eureka on Saturday.
* The Fightin' Engineers enter the contest on a four-match winning streak.
* Katryna Dahlberg earned her 3rd consecutive HCAC Defensive Player of the Week award after helping Rose-Hulman finish a perfect 2-0 last week.
* Dahlberg set a school record with 54 digs in a win over Eureka, and the Fightin' Engineers also defeated Manchester last week.
* Dahlberg leads the HCAC and ranks No. 12 in NCAA Division III with 6.36 digs per match (496 digs total).
* Katie Orbeta ranks 3rd in school history with 2,590 assists. Orbeta also has seven career triple-doubles at Rose-Hulman (double-figure kills, assists and digs in match).
* Elizabeth Canon leads the team with 203 kills. Riley Woodruff (149) and Orbeta (121) are also over the 100-kill mark.
* Orbeta has a team-high 431 assists, and Erin Castaneda has added 272 assists and a team-high 41 service aces.
* Maria Bruner leads the team with 57 blocks.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Franklin is 14-7 overall and 2-0 in HCAC play. The Grizzlies have defeated Manchester and Mt. St. Joseph in conference matches.
* Kyndall Boyll (215) and Abby Sewell (195) lead Franklin in kills. Billie Jarrett has added a team-high 531 assists.