TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology faces Defiance College in a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference volleyball matchup on Saturday at 2 p.m.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman has won five consecutive matches to improve to 10-12 overall and 3-0 in HCAC play.
* Katryna Dahlberg earned her 3rd consecutive HCAC Defensive Player of the Week award after helping Rose-Hulman finish a perfect 2-0 last week.
* Dahlberg set a school record with 54 digs in a win over Eureka, and the Fightin' Engineers also defeated Manchester last week.
* Dahlberg leads the HCAC and ranks No. 12 in NCAA Division III with 6.37 digs per match (516 digs total).
* Katie Orbeta ranks 3rd in school history with 2,610 assists. Orbeta also has seven career triple-doubles at Rose-Hulman (double-figure kills, assists and digs in match).
* Elizabeth Canon leads the team with 212 kills. Riley Woodruff (157) and Orbeta (134) are also over the 100-kill mark.
* Orbeta has a team-high 451 assists, and Erin Castaneda has added 294 assists and a team-high 42 service aces.
* Maria Bruner leads the team with 60 total blocks.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Defiance is 13-7 overall and 1-1 in conference play this season.
* The Yellow Jackets defeated Manchester in three sets and lost to Hanover in five sets in HCAC play.
* Delaney Monnin (227) and Mackenzie Benham (224) have surpassed 200 kills on the season.
* Morgan Porter is No. 2 in the HCAC in digs (454) and digs per set (6.14).